(Click to download a copy of application)
Illinois Council for Exceptional Children
ICEC Post-Secondary Education Scholarship Dr. Lesley P. Graham SCHOLARSHIP
Guidelines & Eligibility Requirements
1. The applicant shall be an Illinois resident with verification of disability who plans to enter an Illinois college, university, trade or technical school.
2. The applicant must have a minimum of 2.5 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale in high school.
3. The applicant must submit the following:
a. A copy of their official high school transcript (please do not display the student’s SS#)
b. Evidence from the Individual Education Plan (IEP) indicating the student will be graduating from a special education program. (Please do not send the IEP).
c. A copy of official application of acceptance letter from an Illinois college, university, technical, or trade school.
d. A letter of recommendation from a special education teacher.
e. A letter of recommendation from an IEP team member.
4. The deadline for this application is Monday, March 20, 2017.
ILLINOIS COUNCIL FOR EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN
Dr. Lesley P. Graham Memorial Scholarship
Post-Secondary Education Scholarship
Deadline: Monday, March 20, 2017
Name of Applicant: _____________________________________________________________________________
street city state zip
Home Phone: (____) ___________________
Name of High School: ___________________________________________________________________________
Address: ______________________________________________________________________________________ street city state zip
Date of Graduation: ______________________
2. Extra-curricular Activities, Volunteer Jobs, Community Involvement
Activity Position Held/Type of Involvement Date of Participation
3. Career/Major area of study Applicant plans to pursue in college, trade, or technical school:
4. Work Experience
Employer JobTitle/Responsibilities Dates of Employment
5. Statement of Need (describe why applicant needs this financial assistance in order to pursue a post-secondary education)
- Please attach the following: (Use this as a checklist. Missing items will impact the consideration of this application).
______ Official transcript (please do not display the student’s SS#)
_____ Evidence of high school enrollment in a special education program
(do not send entire IEP)
_____ Copy of acceptance letter from an Illinois college, university, trade,
or technical school
_____ Letter of recommendation from special education teacher
_____ Letter of recommendation from IEP Team member
_____ Deadline for this application is Monday, March 20, 2017.
If you have questions or comments please contact E. Paula Crowley at 309/438-8702 (W)
Please send the completed application to email@example.com or via U.S. mail to:
- Paula Crowley, Ph.D.
Illinois State University
Department of Special Education
Campus Box 5910
Normal, IL 61790-5910